Glycemic Outcomes Beyond A1C Resources
The diaTribe Foundation gathered leaders in the diabetes community in July for a meeting on “Glycemic Outcomes Beyond A1C: Standardization and Implementation.” Leaders discussed the importance of measuring and monitoring additional glycemic outcomes that matter to patients and providers, like hypoglycemia, time in range, and glycemic variability. The diaTribe Foundation is pleased to share these resources, which include coverage of the July gathering and the meetings leading up to "Glycemic Outcomes Beyond A1C", materials from the day (i.e. agenda, presentations, patient video), notable journal articles written on glycemic variability, hypoglycemia, future clinical trials, and implementation, and a link to view the entire meeting.
Glycemic Outcomes Beyond A1C - Coverage
- Read the diaTribe.org Summary of the July 21, 2017 Conference, "Glycemic Outcomes Beyond A1C: Consensus on Measuring What Matters."
Glycemic Outcomes Beyond A1C Conference Agenda
- Click here to see the conference agenda.
Video of Patients and Providers on Outcomes Beyond A1C
- The diaTribe Foundation, with the help of HCM strategists, asked people with diabetes and providers for their perspectives on why A1C is not enough and what other glycemic outcomes matter to them. View the video compilation shown at the conference here.
***Please note: We are only sharing the slides of presenters who agreed to share their presentations.
- Limitations of A1C – Dr. Robert Ratner
- Data on the Importance of Outcomes Beyond A1C – Richard Wood
- Evolving Technology: Update on Tools - Dr. Bruce Buckingham
- Implications of New Technology and Tools for Clinical Trials – Professor Philip Home
- Glycemic Outcomes Beyond A1C: The European Perspective – Dr. Bart Van der Schueren
- Definitions: Euglycemia, Hypoglycemia, Hyperglycemia & Glycemic Variability; Setting the Stage: Why is this a Critical Conversation? – Dr. Rich Bergenstal
- Panel Slides
- T1D Outcomes Program – Dr. Aaron Kowalski, JDRF
- Beyond A1C Initiatives – Dr. Will Cefalu, ADA
- The International ATTD Consensus – Professor Thomas Danne, ATTD
- Outcomes Beyond A1C: Key Metrics that Matter to People with Diabetes – Dr. Zachary Bloomgarden, AACE
- Beyond A1C – Endocrine Society Initiatives – Dr. Anthony McCall, Endocrine Society
- Perspectives on Terminology – Dr. Jane K. Dickinson
- Workshop Slides
Outcomes Beyond A1C Background Information & History
- Glycemic Outcomes Beyond A1C Pre-Meeting Resources - Notable journal articles and publications related to glycemic variability, hypoglycemia, future of clinical trials, and implementation
- 2017 ADA: Reaching an International Consensus on Standardizing CGM
- diaTribe Summary of 2016 FDA Workshop: Public Workshop on Outcomes Beyond A1C Brings Patient Preferences to the FDA
- The diaTribe Foundation and dQ&A Presentation at 2016 FDA Workshop: Patient Priorities for Diabetes Drugs: What Does Success Look Like?
- diaTribe Summary of 2014 FDA Meeting: FDA-Patient Dialogue on Unmet Needs in Diabetes
- 2012 DIA Presentation: Patient Perspective on the Need for Device Oriented Therapy
Want to re-live the entire day? Watch a video of the entire Glycemic Outcomes Beyond A1C Conference here. (**Note: The password to view the recording of the day is nJ27V7JY)